Go Back Up

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a J-1 Visa?

A J-1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows foreign nationals to participate in cultural exchange programs in the United States, including internships and traineeships.

Who is eligible for a J-1 Visa?

Eligibility criteria vary depending on the J-1 Visa category. Applicants must receive J-1 Visa Sponsorship from Odyssey International Exchange, which is designated by the U.S. Department of State to review the candidates profiles and confirm if they meet the program-specific requirements.

What is a Sponsor Organization?

Sponsor organizations are authorized to issue the Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status (Form DS-2019). ITN's exclusive sponsor is ODYSSEY International Exchange.

What is the difference between an internship and a traineeship under the J-1 Visa program?

Internships are typically shorter-term positions designed for students or recent graduates to gain practical experience. Traineeships are for individuals looking to enhance their skills and expertise in a specific field and can last for a longer duration.

Is housing provided or do I need to find my own housing?

Several of our properties provide housing or housing assistance. If housing is not provided, ITN can provide access to our housing partners for assistance.

Can I start a second J-1 program, directly after finishing my first J-1 program?

As each case is different, your profile will have to be reviewed by an ITN representative who will let you know whether you are eligible to start a second J-1 program.

Can I extend my program?

Yes. Your program can be extended for an additional fee. The maximum program duration is 12 months.

Can I stay in America after finishing my program?

You may stay in the country for an additional 30 days after your program end date. However, you will have to return back to your home country by the end of the 30-day grace period.

What happens if I overstay my J-1 Visa?

Overstaying your visa can have serious consequences, including deportation and future visa restrictions. It's crucial to maintain your legal status in good standing.

Can I work at an organization other than my Host Organization?

No. Under no condition can you work for another organization while you are on a J-1 program.

Is there an age limit for the program?

Yes, the applicant age should be 18-35 years old.

Im already 35, can I still apply?

Applicant have to leave for the program before they turned 36, so 35 is still ok.

How can I start the application process?

Please visit Fast Track website and fill in the application form or apply via Fast Track USA training offers.

How much does the program cost?

Pricing of the program starts at 2,765 USD and increases depending on the length of your stay and the services included in the package. Financing options are available for the participants and should be discussed during the selection process.

Am I eligible for the progrem only with experience in Hospitality but without relevant diploma?

If you have 5 or more years experience in hospitality, the proof of studies is not necessary.

How long does the application process take?

The process takes approximately 3 months to arrive in the United States.

What is MIT?

MIT (Management in Training) refers to a structured program that prepares individuals for future management roles. It involves comprehensive training in areas like leadership, operations, and strategic planning. Participants gain practical experience through rotations and mentorship. The goal is to develop the skills and knowledge needed for success in managerial positions.

I am already in the USA. Can I apply?

No, you will need to apply for the program outside of the United States.

I'm currently living in another country on a temporary residence visa, to start the process do i need to go back to my home country?

No, you can apply in the country in which you are a resident.